In the final chapter of Mitchell's book, she asks the following
ten questions about the future of AI:
- What benefits can AI bring to society?
- Can we trust current AI systems?
- Is face-recognition technology dangerous for society?
- Should AI research and its applications be regulated?
- How soon will self-driving cars be commonplace?
- Will AI result in massive unemployment for humans?
- Could a computer be creative?
- How far are we from general, human-level AI?
- Given the rate of progress in AI, will this book be out of date the day its published?
- What exciting problems in AI are still unsolved?
Answer the following questions for Monday's reading:
- Which of the benefits of AI that she discusses is most exciting to you? Why?
- Select one of the questions for which you disagree with her answer and make the arguement for your viewpoint.