CS21, CS31 and CS35 are supported by a dynamic team of student mentors (aka ninjas!) who share their enthusiasm and expertise with students in class/lab and during evening study sessions. This semester's ninja study sessions are as follows:
- Tuesdays 7-9 pm Allison, Colin
- Wednesdays 7-10 pm Charlotte, Wistan, Daniel, Annie
- Sundays 7-11 pm Jeff, LuMin, Rachel, Emily C.
- Thursdays 7-9 pm Oliver, Michael
- Saturdays 2-4 pm Diana, Caleb
Students are invited to participate in the study sessions to prepare for quizzes, to discuss programming concepts, and to get upbeat assistance while working on weekly laboratory assignments. Our CS mentoring team is dedicated to helping students (especially those who have no prior knowledge of computer science) develop excellent problem-solving and programming skills in a friendly, confidence-building environment. In order to fuel this project, snacks are provided at ninja sessions.
Lauri Courtenay, our Academic Support Coordinator and ninja wrangler, also serves as a mentor. She welcomes the opportunity to discuss CS and life with students and future students! Please contact her at lauri at cs.swarthmore.edu or 957-6062.
This semester's ninjas include:
- CS21: Emily, Daniel, Charlotte, Allison, Annie, Wistan, Colin, Jonah, and Brent
- CS31: Rachel, Douglass, Lu Min, Emily C., Jeff
- CS35: Caleb, Diana, Michael, and Oliver